Online clinic for a Chronic Amnesiac.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Space Cadet

Feeling like the muppet version of a space cadet today. Fell over at practice last night and it seems to have shaken me up a bit.

Anyhow, here are some pictures I took in the garden yesterday. The top one reminds me of a tryphid, although I seem to have a lot of unknown tryphid style plants growing in it right now. The ones at the front have till the weekend to flower spectacularly and if they fail, they're out.


Thistle?


This one reminded me of John Travolta - all arms and attention seeking.

Let's play catch up then. On Bank Holiday Monday we went and played golf with Al after a quick BBQ. It was great to be doing something non-Ultimate related for a change and it has inspired me to do more activities that are different. That's the trouble when your job is also your hobby - it becomes difficult to do anything else. I scored a miserable 75 on the 9 hole main course near home, but it was fun nevertheless, especially in the thunder and lightning storm.

That night we went to see Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. I really enjoyed it as it was both very similar to and very different from the book and the TV series, if that is possible. It was nicely eccentric in places and yes, let's dumb this down a bit - I loved the special effects. Just before the movie started, the Showcase was struck by lightening which knocked out most of the screens. We got free tickets for another movie of our choice afterwards, even though we weren't really affected. Bargain.

Next stop - Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home