Online clinic for a Chronic Amnesiac.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Sentimental Collections

I was lying in bed last night thinking about all the crap I used to collect as a kid. I think we all felt the need to collect something or another as a child - maybe to help us fit in and provide our friends with the perception that we had some kind of material wealth.

Here is a list of things I used to collect from what I can remember, none of which I still have today:


  • Novelty rubbers (that's erasers so some folk)
  • Badges and Broaches (that's pins to other folk)
  • Snails (the live slimy slugs with no housing problems)
  • Fossils
  • Stickers (particularly the cushion plastic ones filled with a layer of sponge normally with bobbing eyes)
  • Football Player Stickers
  • Smash Hits Pop Stickers
  • Garbage Pail Kids Stickers
  • Stationary Sets

That's all I could remember. What I used to love about them (not applicable to the snails and fossils I think) was the cool designs that you just can't get these days. I wish I still had some of my collections now but after the 3rd move as a teenager, I think they all ended up in a charity shop or just used up (not the novelty erasers were capable of rubbing out the lightest of pencil marks).

This Flickr site reminded me of what it is to collect stuff, the same stuff and similar but not quite the same stuff in mass quantities. Also from MassDistraction - Glow Stick Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home