Online clinic for a Chronic Amnesiac.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Chasing My Tail

I am constantly running in circles at the moment, trying to catch up with one thing or another. Perhaps I should just learn to let it go, forget about it. It probably wasn't that important anyway.

Yesterday I spend the Bank Holiday with Mum (it's her birthday today) and Iain. I bought her a complete kit to make a hanging basket after failing to pick up a copy of Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company at Asda. It turned out to be a much better present in any case. We went out to lunch at the Hobby Horse and was tempted back to Iain's for home-made cookies, a DVD and Singapore Noodles. Divine!

We watched The Manchurian Candidate which was scored 8 out of 10 on the thrill-o-meter and reminded me of three or four movies all out recently mashed up together. Being a remake, I guess it was ahead of its time when it originally came out and many other film writers have been influenced by it since.

On Sunday night, Lando C and I finally got round to watching Sideways armed with a rather large glass of Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet. It was a great insight into my forthcoming years I think and made me want to head out to those California vineyards pronto.

Bargain of the weekend was The Royal Tenenbaums on DVD for £4.72 from the Blockbuster near Iain's place. I don't care what anyone else says - I love that movie! A trip to the big store also reminded me of the movies I need to rent (but that may not be available at our modest little village store).

When it comes out:

At the cinema I need to watch out for:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home