Online clinic for a Chronic Amnesiac.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Village Idiot or Rural Genius?



This is my submission for this week's Photo Friday Challenge which is "Rural". It was taken in our village at the bus stop outside of the Church (now only open Sundays). It seems you can take grafitti out of the city but you can't the city out of the grafittist. What did I expect - an airbrushed combine harvester? I think it looks like Quentin Tarantino.

I am beginning to really love Stencil Graffiti. I'm starting to capture more and more of it to create a good set at Flickr. There are some good sites around now too including www.stencilgraffitti.com which supports Tristan Manco's book of examples published by Thames and Hudson. Stencil Revolution, "collectively reconstructing the urban canvas" is a fantastic resourse including online tutorials, artist profiles, gallery, stencil exchange, downloadable fonts and a forum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home