Online clinic for a Chronic Amnesiac.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Blast through the Past

I used to love listening to Talk Talk and collecting their back catalogue when I discovered them late in their career. I think it was their wispy orchestral manoeuvres and sentimental musings that burnt through the hedonistic music scene of the early nineties that I liked. Some of it was a bit dark and dated by the time I got to it but the artwork by James Marsh has stood the test of time.

The Cutter Gallery has a great collection of his work amongst other great artists such as David Cutter himself and Paul Slater. I particularly like the Fish and Crustaceans part of the gallery. Here's a Monty Pythonesque game for the 21st Century.

Lemmings was the first and the best game we ever got for our third home pc - the 486. And now you can play it in your browser! Wow!


Movie Update:

Today I watched The Ladykillers and unlike most of its critics I loved it. It took me about ten minutes to acclimatise to the accents and Tom Hanks perplexing performance but the black comedy was right on. Last week we watched Collateral where Tom Cruise plays an unusually scary character in his over-confident style as usual. I enjoyed it although it was complete popcorn. And finally last weekend everything just out was basically just out. There was nothing at the village video store worth watching or that we hadn't seen that had arrived in the last 3 months. We caught up with America's Sweethearts with my favourite John Cusack alongside Julia Roberts and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It was written by and also starred Billy Crystal who had decided to reward himself with all the best one-liners. Good for him. It's not that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home